Running and Debugging Archi from Eclipse
Once you have the projects imported into Eclipse you need to set up a Launch Configuration that will tell Eclipse how to run or debug Archi and what plug-ins to include and exclude in the configuration. If you don't set up the Launch Configuration properly you may not be able to run Archi or it may run with unwanted plug-ins showing up.
To set up a Launch Configuration:
- From the main menu choose "Run->Debug Configurations..."
- In the dialog select the "Eclipse Application" node
- Choose "New"
- Rename the configuration to "Archi"
- Edit the tabs on the dialog as follows...
Mac users who are running the 32-bit version of Eclipse will need to add the -d32 switch to the VM arguments.
It's very important to select "plug-ins selected below only". This means that only the required features will show up in Archi. If you select the other plug-ins Archi will not run as intended. The best way to achieve this is:
- Select "plug-ins selected below only" from the "Launch with:" combo box
- Click the "Deselect All" button to clear all selected plug-ins
- Select only the plug-ins under "Workspace" (these are the projects for Archi)
- Press the "Add Required Plug-ins" button. This will add any required Eclipse plug-ins in the "Target Platform" section
- Press the "Validate Plug-ins" button to ensure there are no problems
To Run/Debug Archi simply press the "Debug" button from the configuration or choose "Run, Debug last launched" if you've already run it.