Importing the Code
Before you get the code make sure you've set up your Eclipse environment as explained in Setting up the Eclipse Environment.
Importing the code from the Git repository
The Archi code is stored in a Git repository at SourceForge and at GitHub (they are both the same, choose the one that suits you). You need to import a copy of the code into your Eclipse workspace. The code consists of a number of plug-ins or "projects".
The (read-only) URI for the Archi Git repository is:
Importing the code with the inbuilt EGit in Eclipse
- From within Eclipse choose "File -> Import..."
- In the wizard select "Git -> Projects from Git". Click "Next"
- Select "URI" and then click "Next"
- Add the details for the repository's URI (see above) and then click "Next"
- Ensure that the "master" branch is selected (you can ignore the other branches if you choose) and then click "Next"
- Choose a directory where you wish to store your local copy of the code and then click "Next"
- The code will be cloned and downloaded from the repository. This may take some time. When this is done, choose "Import existing projects" and then click "Next."
- Import all of the projects and then click "Finish"
- Your workspace should now contain all the projects as follows:
You should now be set to go.
Getting the code manually as an archive
Alternatively, you could get a snapshot of any committed version of Archi from the GitHub Git repository, select the required commit, click on "Downloads" and then download that commit as a zip or or tar.gz file and un-archive it. We suggest to take a stable commit (tagged with "release_2.3.1" for example).
The plug-ins or "projects" are:
Once these projects are unarchived in your file system then you need to import these into Eclipse. We suggest that you work in Eclipse with the "Java Perspective" so that the "Package "Explorer" View is on the left.
Importing the projects into Eclipse
- Choose "File->Import..." from the main menu in Eclipse
- Select "General" and "Existing Projects into Workspace"
- Select the root folder containing the Archi Projects that you got from the Git repository
- Select all the Projects as listed above
- Click "Finish"
You should now see all of the Projects in the Project Explorer View.